Scott and I love watching Tyler's Ultimate on the Food Network. Scott Tivo's every episode. And I have to admit that we wish we could taste all of his dishes via TV somehow. Well, Saturday we decided to make Tyler's BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches. We went shopping at the local Pavillion's and bought all the ingredients. Everything seemed to be swell. We watched the episode that we had recorded and tried to ballpark amounts as we watched Tyler dump a little of this and a little of that into the food processor for the spice rub. I mean, cooking isn't an exact science, right?
Into the oven the spice rubbed pork shoulder went for 3.5 hours. Whala - it looked and smelled fabulous! We made the sandwiches and packed a picnic basket and headed to Laguna Beach. We went to the Montage and found the cutest little picnic table right on the oceanfront and sat down. I had one bite of the sandwich and I said "Kinda salty". That was an understatement. It was a salt bomb. I had a feeling when we were adding 1/8 cup of salt that it was too much!! Oops! I choked down 1/2 sandwich and Scott got about 3/4 through his. We ended up tossing the rest. I guess we learned the hard way...always follow a recipe. We both thought we died and went to the Mojave desert. I couldn't drink enough water after that! Ah, the joys of being a newlywed and learning to cook! We went home and ended up eating crepes filled with fresh strawberries and bananas topped with whipped cream. I knew how to make those.
Monday, May 12, 2008
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
crepes, yum. If you can cook that your good to go if you ask me!
Post a Comment