Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mount Woodson in San Diego County

This hike was a real doozy. It was 3 miles and 2300 ft. in elevation change each way. Coming down was just as hard on our legs as going up. At the peak we had views of San Diego skyline and all of San Diego county that were really gorgeous so it was worth it. There were really neat giant rocks all along the path.



All we had was Scott's camelback which only carries 50 oz. of water and it was gone by the time we got to the top of the mountain. So, this is Scott taking a slurp of a rain puddle. I was too afraid of giardia, so I went thirsty.


Locals call this potato chip rock.


We named this one hamburger rock.


You can use your imagination on this one!

1 comments:

Jalee said...

Hello steph it looks like you two are keeping busy my dear friend. We're coming your way on the 19th of March so I'll be calling you maybe to stop by if you're home. Love ya lots!!!!